Thursday, November 19, 2009

Asking the Necessary Questions



I'm not taking anything for granted when it comes to dating. Since I want marriage, and not just a fling, I'm expecting some uncomfortable, yet necessary conversations in my quest to hang up my single mom title: Are you married? Are you, or have you ever been, on the downlow (a term used to describe men who secretly sleep with other men)? Have you ever had sex with a man? Do you have AIDS, HIV, Herpes or any STD?

This is just a short list of questions that I'll ask my future husband. And, hopefully, he'll have some questions for me. I don't want to be like the couple in the video, where the wife presumes that all men want anal sex. (I have a confession, I, too, thought that was every man's fantasy.) But, I guess instead of assuming, I'll just ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment